Sunday, November 16, 2008

Stamping Sites to Help Inspire You

While cruisin' the 'net today, I ran across this blog - Color Throwdown. I don't know about you, but I often get in a rut, using the same colors over and over. I love it when someone can inspire me to get outside my comfort zone and try something different. I'll be back to this site for sure!

Another fun one to check out is Beate Johns' Be Inspired Challenge. She encourages you to use colors from an image, or patterns you see in the image, to create a card. Another great thing Beate features on her blog is the Weekend Sketch Challenge. It helps me with layout design of my cards when I'm not feeling particularly creative.

Jen del Muro will inspire you with her sketch challenges that she posts on Saturdays. Nancy Riley uses Jen's sketches often, which is another reason I enjoy checking out Nancy's blog, too.

Splitcoast is always a great resource, from uploads in their gallery of ideas using every SU! stamp set, to techniques, to project ideas, and of course, a whole bunch of challenges, too! I'm a regular visitor here.

Another cool site is Kristina Werner's site and her Color Inspiration challenges. Once again, this might help you get out of that rut when you can't think of which colors to feature on a card.

One site I tend to visit a lot is the SU Color Combos site. When I have a particular color or two that I have to use, it's fun to see what other colors the color picker will pair with mine.

Another site I visit is Sharon Johnson's No Time to Stamp? Sharon has great ideas and her Stamp Simply challenges may be just the thing to help get those creative juices flowing again.

You may have already visited some or all of these sites, but in case you haven't, check them out and get inspired!
Link

Link

2 comments:

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Thank you so much for the kind words and the link -- much appreciated!!!

Nancy Riley said...

Thank you for the nice words and link! I'm honored to be mentioned among such wonderful company!

Hugs~
Nancy