Monday, November 24, 2008

On Vacation, But Still Busy...

Although I have the week off, I've had a busy weekend and day today. Two of our stamping group can't make it next Sunday to our rescheduled gift card holder swap & meeting, so they asked if we'd make our swaps for them. Last night I got Anne & Marianne's two gift card holders finished, so one thing taken care of. Haven't been to the movies with our girls in a bit, so on Sunday after church I took them to see Madagascar 2. It was cute. Today it was eye exams for the whole family. We got there early, and it still took just over 2 hours before we headed home! I'll be happy when my new contacts arrive - I'm just not seeing too well with them. Meanwhile, a coworker and stamping buddy (hi Darla!) and I are teaching an enrichment class together for two weeks after Thanksgiving. We have 72 kids enrolled (some boys, too!) and we'll be doing some Paper Crafting projects with them. First up is a bag-a-lope, which I think they'll have fun making, then filling. I'm also considering a flip book album like the one I first saw on Amy Celona's blog, here. I've been working on a prototype using construction paper and will post it when it's ready. One of the other teachers has done a squash book with students, so I'm hoping this won't be too hard. We also want to make some cards during our enrichment. Anyone have any good ideas out there that would be easy enough for middle schoolers to do? I'd be interested in your ideas. If I don't post again before then, Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: