Saturday, July 17, 2010

Sneak Peaks

I've been busy over the past week making two cards for the Stampin' Addicts California Non-Convention Goers gathering next Saturday over in West LA.  I can't show you what I made yet, as a few of the gals I'm getting together with next weekend also visit my blog, but I can show you a sneak peak!

We're doing a general swap, so this is a sneak peek of the card I made to trade.  It's not my original design, but instead a card I made last month at my upline's monthly stamp camp.  I just updated the colors she used by swapping the Chocolate Chip card stock and ribbon on hers to Early Espresso on mine, and changed the Whisper White on hers to Very Vanilla on mine.  I made ten of these babies this week, although I'm only going to need six for our gathering.  Here's a look:


We're also doing a shoebox swap.  I've been trying to decide all week what I wanted to do for this one.  Last night I was playing around with some supplies, and today after looking through some old Mojo Monday sketches, it all came together.  I've got my sample card finished now, and all I have to do is cut up card stock and gather the supplies needed to make the card.  This one also uses some of our new colors.  You might spot Daffodil Delight and Pear Pizzazz in the sneak peek:


Like that knot?  Another thing I did this week was watch some YouTube videos on tying knots in ribbon.  I don't know about you, but it often takes me four or five attempts (or sometimes more) to get a good knot tied in the ribbon.  After watching a couple of videos, now it only takes me two or three!  Sometimes I even get lucky and get it right on the first try.

Ok, that's it for the sneak peeks - stop by next weekend and I'll show you both cards in their entirety!

1 comment:

Yapha said...

Looks fun!!! I can't wait until next weekend!