Monday, July 5, 2010

Ornate Bloom

Aloha from the Big Island!  We're here for a couple more days before having to head back home :(.  I managed to find a little bit of time today to play, and this is what I came up with.  A pretty simple card, and the only stamping on it is the sentiment.  I actually had to do a little bit of fixup on it, as I tried to paper pierce a row under the sentiment, and the plastic guide from the mat pack slipped and my line was VERY crooked.  So, I added the thin Chocolate and Pumpkin strips on the bottom where I messed up.  I think the little bit of Pumpkin there really works, so maybe I really didn't mess up at all!  Anyway, here it is:


Ended up watching a young turtle for a good half hour or so this afternoon.  He/she found a nice clump of vegetation along the rocks out front and was having him/herself some dinner.  Hoped to get a shot of him/her with his/her head up, but I just wasn't fast enough.  Here he/she is:


Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

jaydee said...

Cheryl
love the pic of the turtle! I also love the fact that you featured the DSP on this fabulous card.
Thanks for inspiring us
hugs
jaydee

Connie Collins said...

This card is very pretty. Don't you just love "happy accidents"? Sometimes they lead to the best results!