Saturday, July 10, 2010

Back from vacation...

We got back from our wonderful trip Friday morning, and after taking a nap (couldn't sleep on the overnight plane ride), I went to my local UPS Store to get my mail, and guess what was waiting for me?  My first order from the new Idea Book and Catalog!  Yay!  So, what did I do first?  Organization.  I hadn't gone through my ink pads to reorganize them according to the new color scheme, so that's what I did first, followed by reorganizing the reinkers.

I've kept all of my In Color pads, so I moved the ones that made it into the new color palate, and then pulled out the rest.  Between those and the retired colors that were in my ink pad carousel, I have 48 retired ink pads.  When I think how much I spent to get all of them, it's kinda sad.  I'm not one that sticks to new product only, so they'll get used, but they're being reorganized in alphabetical order and set aside from my current pads.  I have some plastic containers where I keep my reinkers, so I sorted the retired ones from the duplicates of current colors - just need to label the containers now.  Need to do that with the paper next, but that's a major undertaking and I'm not sure how I'm going to store the retired paper yet, so it can wait until I figure it out.

Then I started with the brads.  I ordered one set of each of the new color brads.  I do NOT like how they're packaged - six colors, all mixed together, so guess what I did?  I grabbed some empty containers that had the dividers in them, and got them all separated.  Now I just need to label the lids.  The new brads have a powdery finish instead of glossy (I like the new finish better), so when I went through my old brads, even though on a few there's quite a color difference (Tempting Turquoise and Certainly Celery, for example), I put them all together.  I did cheat - we still have Bashful Blue and Always Artichoke in our color palate, so even though the new brads don't come in those colors, I still put my old ones with the new color family they go with.  Then I tried working on the metallics.  Mind you, it's now after midnight, and I'm sitting at the dining room table trying to sort these dang things.  Do you know how hard it is to tell the difference between silver and gold, pewter and antique brass?  I had to set them aside for daylight sorting. 

Tonight I'll tackle the markers and maybe ribbon.  I overall like the new color scheme, but it sure required a lot of work!  Last time SU! did a color revamp, I was just getting into stamping (Handsome Hunter was the newest color when I caught the stampin' fever), I didn't have a ton of stuff, so it was easy.  This has been a tougher transition.

Perhaps early next week I'll have something new to share - I'll probably ink up the Friends Never Fade set that arrived three days after we left on vacation.  Take care all!

No comments: