Friday, July 10, 2009

Stampin' in Paradise

Aloha! Although I've actually been doing a little creative work while here vacationing on the Big Island, I made my first finished card today. What a great setting to work in - sitting on the lanai, feeling the tropical breeze, watching the waves hit the shore while working on a card. I printed out a few card samples for inspiration before our trip from Deb's blog, ARTfelt Impressions. I'd bookmarked her blog a while back, and rediscovered it again last week. I love the fresh, simple but elegant style of many of her cards. One card on her blog that caught my eye was this one. I didn't want to flat out copy it, so I did make some subtle changes. The stamp set is Great Friend, which I was happy to see made it into the new catty. I wanted to use some of the new In Colors, so this card features a scrap of Razzleberry Lemonade DSP, Melon Mambo, Crushed Curry and Whisper White card stocks, along with Melon Mambo, Rich Razzleberry and Old Olive inks. I love that polka dot ribbon - I broke down and bought a spool of each In Color. The card background is sponged with Melon Mambo to give it some depth (I'm kicking myself for not bringing along Itty Bitty Backgrounds - ugh!). The butterfly is popped up with dimensionals, as is the piece below it that's tied with the ribbon. I plan to make more of these in different In Color combinations while we're away. Mahalo for visiting today!

No comments: