Sunday, July 19, 2009

A Pumpkin Rose


Here's the card I made last night. A variation of a previous theme, but I still like it. Card stock is Pumpkin Pie along with Whisper White (and Shimmery White for the rose). Razzleberry Lemonade DSP was also used, along with some Crushed Curry polkadot ribbon, a gel pen, dimensionals, leaves cut from a Sizzlet die on my Big Shot, and the scallop edge border punch. I've been getting better results coloring these roses by using the more traditional watercoloring method - my colors are more intense this way. I had originally planned to use the yellow rose I made a couple of days ago, but it just didn't look good with the Crushed Curry I was planning to use on this card. I'll need to wait to make the card for that one as I don't have any Summer Sun card stock with me. Three more nights here on Moloka'i before heading back home. Hopefully I'll have a few more cards to share with you before we leave this beautiful spot! Mahalo for coming by today.

No comments: