Sunday, July 12, 2009

Roses Inspired by Deb


Back again, with more to share! Last night I made these two cards, again inspired by Deb over at ARTfelt Impressions. She used Crushed Curry for her rose, which turned out gorgeous. I've tried it twice on the Shimmery White paper - once with just Crushed Curry, then again with Crushed Curry and Summer Sun. Neither acheived the bright yellow tones that Deb got using watercolor paper. They looked great wet, but once dry, the tones were very subdued and bland. Not sure why. So, plan B! I used Rose Red and Regal Rose reinkers on these two, and I like how both turned out. Whisper White, Regal Rose and Melon Mambo card stocks were used, as was Old Olive for the leaves. Razzleberry Lemonade DSP was added along with two of my favorite Stampin' Up! ribbons. Doesn't look like I'm going to get in any stamping tonight, so nothing new to share for a few days. Thanks for stopping by today.

No comments: