Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Wonderful You Mulberry Batik

I'm still working on my next technique card for our upcoming Sparkles meeting at my upline's, Jeanne's, but this is what I have so far. I chose to do the mulberry batik technique as I've never tried it but always wanted to. First I used the Stems & Silhouettes jumbo wheel with VersaMark ink and rolled over the white mulberry paper. I then quickly added some clear embossing powder and heat set it. After getting the mulberry paper wet, I sponged on Certainly Celery and Wild Wasabi from my classic pads. Once I got the look I wanted, I ironed the mulberry paper between two sheets of copy paper to remove the embossing. I adhered it onto Whisper White to bring out the details. I used Wild Wasabi ink for the stems and sentiment. Paper used was Certainly Celery and Wild Wasabi. The flowers were done using Regal Rose and Pretty in Pink markers. The brads are from the Rich Regals set. I'm still not happy with the card, so I'll spend some time trying some modifications once I have some time to stamp. May was a hectic month and I didn't get much time to stamp. I hope June will allow me some creative time! Thanks again for visiting.

No comments: