Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Same Design, Four Different Cards




After spending parts of three days going through my closet and every drawer in our bedroom, I decided to reward myself with some stamping time tonight. I hadn't made anything with the Tart & Tangy stamp set and the coordinating Summer Picnic designer series paper, so I decided to make four cards tonight. They all feature the same simple card design, but feature a different image from Tart & Tangy for each card. I think this would make a great Stamp-a-Stack project, as it took me a little over an hour to make all four (including time to come up with the card design). I needed some thank you cards, but I think I'm going to make a second set as birthday cards. I never seem to have enough of either on hand! The image was stamped on glossy white cardstock after coloring the image with markers (Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip). After the ink dried, I punched the images out using a 1 1/4 inch circle punch. The images were then stamped over with VersaMark and sprinkled with Iridescent Ice embossing powder. After heat setting the powder, I mounted the circles onto 1 3/8 inch circles, then onto the scallop punch-outs. The image is popped up a little with stampin' dimensionals. I used Wild Wasabi and Pumpkin Pie striped grosgrain ribbon as well as Old Olive 5/8 inch grosgrain. Accents come from the Three For You punch as well as flowers from Flower Fusion. Orange fire and green ice rhinestone circle brads jazz up the paper flowers, and red brads were used with the olive felt flowers. The sentiment is from the level two hostess set, Spring Solitude. The cards were quick and fun to make - hope you like them, too!

No comments: