Saturday, June 14, 2008

Father's Day, Part 2

Happy almost Father's Day! We celebrated with my dad tonight by having dinner out and then getting together afterwards at my brother's house. It was a nice get-together. Tomorrow, on Father's Day, we'll spend time with my dear husband's dad with a BBQ at his house. Before heading out to dinner, I finished making my hubby's Father's Day card. I hadn't used my Pocket Fun set, so last night I mounted the stamps. I used my Just Jeans background stamp and Blue Bayou ink on Whisper White to create the denim background, stamping the pocket from Pocket Fun on another piece, then cutting it out. I stamped the tools in VersaMark and then embossed with detail silver embossing powder. I stamped the tools again, and since I couldn't find my detail black EP (I really need to clean up my stamping room), I stamped in craft black and embossed with crystal clear EP. I then cut and pasted the pieces together to give a two-tone look for the tools. I adhered the pocket onto the denim background, leaving the top edge open to add the tools. The silver behind the denim was created by stamping with my VersaMark pad around the edges of a piece of Whisper White then embossing with detail silver EP. I topped it off with the screw top brads I got through Paper Wishes. I hope he likes it!

No comments: