Sunday, May 18, 2008

After seeing Patty Bennett's blog post about the Build-A-Brad bracelet using materials she found at Michaels, I just had to use my Mother's Day gift card to Michaels from my mom to make one for myself! I finished it today. I used some scraps I had from the retired Four Seasons designer series paper to create my bracelet. Use a 1/2 inch punch to punch out your paper and adhere it to a Build-A-Brad. I used some snail adhesive and it seems to be holding fine. Add the clear top of the Build-A-Brad and you are ready to start assembling your bracelet. Patty's blog post gives some information on how to assemble the bracelet, so I won't bother to repeat them here. I was not able to attach the rhinestone brads like Patty did on one of her bracelets (how she did it I don't know, as I couldn't get it to work), so I ended up using more Build-A-Brads instead. We'll see if the ladies at work like it and maybe we'll do a workshop to make more! This was my first time using my Build-A-Brad set, and what a fun way to use it! Thanks again for visiting my blog!

1 comment:

Patty Bennett said...

It's beautiful! I love how it turned out. I did the rhinestone brads the same way as the Build A Brads.. sorry it wasn't working for you but I love it with all Build A brads like you did! :) Patty