Thursday, January 3, 2008

Trifold Card



I've wanted to make one of these cute trifolds ever since seeing Beate Johns' tutorial for them on Splitcoast Stampers. Tonight I finally had the chance to do one myself. For some reason, I was thinking they were much larger than it ended up being, but then again, you can always size it up.

I chose to use Happy Heart Day as I hadn't yet played with it, and since our stamping group is doing a Valentine's card swap at the end of the month, I thought I'd better get to work on creating my swaps! This was my first idea for my swaps, but I ended up doing two cards tonight, and I like the second one better. More on that one in a bit...

I used Rose Red cardstock for the base, accented by Regal Rose and the new Bali Breezes Designer Series Paper. I had some Rose ribbon, which worked perfectly with my color scheme. I stamped the images with Jet Black StazOn, then watercolored with an AquaPainter by squeezing a little ink onto the lid of my Rose Red, Regal Rose, and Basic Gray classic stamp pads. Boy, am I out of practice! To finish off the image, I grabbed my Spring Bouquet Punch and a small pink ice brad. A fun little project, and I imagine I'll be making more in the future.

No comments: