Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Dahlia Flower

Yesterday I was home with both of my sick girls. Luckily it was a teacher prep day, the day between semesters, so I wouldn't need a sub. In between grading papers and finishing up first semester grades, I saw this beautiful Dahlia flower which was the Technique Lover's Challenge for Monday on Splitcoaststampers and I just had to try one myself. Today, one of the girls is back at school, and the other is still pretty sick. While she was sleeping, I grabbed my 1 - 3/8 inch circle punch, a scrap of my favorite but now retired Petal Patch designer series paper, and got to work. It looked like the flower would come together just fine as I was laying it out on my desk, but when I assembled and adhered it to a scrap of Certainly Celery, there was a gap when I was done. I thought the flower would go well with a card I had made for a stamp camp last year, so I found an extra one in my 'Extra Stamp Camp Cards' shoebox and got to work. I made a couple of leaves from the celery scraps to fill in the gap, traced in some veins with my celery marker, and topped it all off with a celery ice rhinestone brad. Thanks for looking!

No comments: