Thursday, January 3, 2008

Let it Snow Mantle Garland


In October, my upline, Jeanne, offered a very cute Halloween mantle garland as one of her workshops. It inspired a good friend of ours, Erin, to design one for Christmas, which I was able to make at Erin's monthly stamp camp that Jeanne runs. I loved the garland so much that I immediately began thinking of others I could do myself. I already had a set of Lower Simon chipboard I hadn't used yet, and the garland I made at Erin's came with another Lower Simon chipboard set, so I had enough letters. I also had the Onboard Garland Greetings chipboard, which I thought would work well on this project. I love the Holiday Thyme designer series paper Stampin' Up! had for holiday 2006, and finally got to use it on the Let it Snow mantle garland I made. I had the garland backing and background papers cut out last month, and the Lower Simon chipboard had been painted with Night of Navy craft ink. I decorated the snowflake chipboard by using a Whisper White craft pad and some Irridescent Ice embossing powder. I only had the Earth Elements buttons at the time, so on my last SU! order, I got a few more color families of buttons. My order arrived January 2, so I spent the evening tonight designing then building each frame of the garland. I'm really pleased with the way it turned out. I already have an idea for a Spring garland, using the Bali Breezes designer series paper from the new catalog. Once I have that one together, I'll offer that as a workshop to my customers.

Vacation is coming all too quickly to an end, so I hope I have the chance to share a few more stamping projects with you all before I go back to my classroom on January 7. We're getting towards the end of first semester, so I won't have a lot of time to stamp once I go back to work - I'll too busy grading and then entering grades onto the computer!

Thanks for looking!

No comments: