Friday, January 18, 2008

Milk Carton Box


Wednesday's tutorial on Splitcoast was a cute milk carton box. Author Beate used the cute new Spring Solitude bundle stamp set/wheel to create hers. It made me think of the now retired Spring Showers designer series paper, so tonight I grabbed my stampin' stuff and got busy to make one of these cute boxes. I used Chocolate Chip ink and wheeled the background image on the Chocolate Chip cardstock. The band around the box is 1 3/4 inches wide by 11 1/2 inches long, with the bottom 1/4 inch turned up to show the blue from the back side of the paper. I stamped the flower image in Basic Brown on watercolor paper and colored in one flower with a Bashful Blue marker, another with an Apricot Appeal marker (flower centers colored with a Close to Cocoa marker). After cutting out the flower image, I finished off the project with a piece of Bashful Blue grosgrain ribbon tied up through the largest flower. I stamped the sentiment with Basic Brown on watercolor paper and punched it out with my Word Window punch. I'm really pleased with the way it turned out!

No comments: