Saturday, August 22, 2009

Stamp Camp Project

I decided I wanted to do a milk carton project for my first stamp camp of the new school year. I'm going to offer a few different designs, but my current favorite is the one I made last night, featuring Cast a Spell DSP. I didn't really like this paper all that much when I first saw it, but after seeing it in the DSP binder that we created last month at my upline's team meeting, it has grown on me! I think it's because I'm not a skull and crossbones kind of gal, and at first didn't really like the skull images in the paper. For this project, I used Basic Black, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie and Perfect Plum card stock, the Cast a Spell designer series paper, Pumpkin and Old Olive grosgrain ribbon, striped pumpkin ribbon, and punches - scallop circle, key tag, 1 3/8 inch circle, and 1 1/4 inch circle. I used a circle jump ring from my beading/jewelry making stash to attach the scallop to the handle (tied the ribbon through it). I forget the name of the stamp I used (I'm posting this from our local coffee shop this beautiful Saturday morning) - but it's one of the new level 1 hostess stamps. I'm also working on a Bella Bleu version of this project, to give to my youngest's teacher when we go over on Tuesday for 'Roadrunner Roundup' where we turn in paperwork and she gets to drop off her school supplies and choose her desk. I've got the holder done and the milk carton boxes nearly done. If it doesn't clear up tonight, we'll be staying home (had planned to head out to our astronomy club's property to do some observing tonight, but right now it's not looking so good) - if we do, I'll be able to finish Mrs. M's milk carton tonight instead of on Sunday.

I'm still working on my team Halloween swaps for our meeting next weekend - I haven't been able to find any candy corn or black and orange jelly beans yet to put in the little cup that goes with the new Sweet Centers stamp set that will be available along with other wonderful things in the Holiday Mini, coming September 1. I'll post that card as soon as I finally get it all together.

Don't forget to stop by next weekend - the Stampin' Addicts Holiday Mini Blog Hop will run between noon on August 29 through the late night hours of August 31, just in time for the kick-off of the new Holiday Mini catalog from Stampin' Up! on September 1 - and yours truly is excited to share the projects with you that I made for my stop on the blog hop. Until then, happy stampin'!

5 comments:

Inking Idaho said...

Eeek! I LOVE this Halloween one milk carto!!!!! Great colors and great job!!

lisa808 said...

Great job on the milk cartons. They are all gorgeous, but the Halloween set is my favorite.

Unknown said...

Super cute!
-Cher

mary.schultz said...

I love your milk cartons, and would love to case the idea for my nieces for Halloween. I have a question, though; I've found a template to make the milk cartons, but is there a template somewhere for the carrier?

Amanda Harbison said...

I echo what everyone else is saying.. is there a tutorial somewhere for the carrier?