Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Something I Can Share...

This weekend, I finished my fourth and final project for the upcoming Stampin' Addicts Holiday Mini Blog Hop (August 29 - 31). I feel a sense of relief knowing that they're done before I head back to work tomorrow. The only thing left to do now is to photograph them, which I'll do when I've got some good lighting to work with.

Tonight I finished a project I started last night. I was inspired by Jenny's beautiful wreath, and wanted to make one of my own. I didn't want to flat out copy hers, so I did change a few things. I used the small and medium daisies from the SU! Daisies Big Shot die, using So Saffron card stock. I assembled the daisies and then sponged some So Saffron ink on the petals. The centers are Chocolate Chip courderoy buttons/brads. I was having a tough time keeping the buttons/brads in the center of the daisy, so I punched a circle punch that was a little larger than the circle in the daisy die cut (1/2 inch circle for the small, 3/4 inch circle for the medium size) and adhered that to the back of the daisy. After punching a hole in the middle, it was much easier to keep the button/brad centered. I adhered the daisies to the wreath with dimensionals. The wreath was made using a compass. It measures approximately 8 inches in diameter. I took two of the backing sheets that you get in a pack of designer series paper and glued them together as Jenny did (I always keep these - they've come in handy many times in the past). I then covered it with a piece of Chocolate Chip Patterns DSP. The leaves were made with the SU! Leaves #2 die, punching out from some retired Old Olive Patterns DSP I had on hand, as well as from some textured Pumpkin Pie card stock. I used a piece of the So Saffron ribbon for the bow (the So Saffron ribbon came as part of the Ribbon Bundle back from Sale-A-Bration earlier this year). I left the center part blank. You could put anything there that would fit with chipboard letters. I'm putting our last name on mine, but the ink is still wet. Thank you, Jenny, for the inspiration! I should reshoot this during daytime (it's a little before midnight as I post this), but I couldn't wait to share! Hope you have a great rest of your week!

No comments: