Saturday, December 13, 2008

Cupcake Card

I mentioned a while back that one of my coworkers, Darla, and I were doing a 2 week long enrichment class. Darla shared two projects with the kids this last week, and the cupcake card was really cute! She found the tutorial here along with a pattern you can print out to make one yourself. Darla enlarged the pattern a bit as we weren't worried about having the kids put the card in an envelope, and overall the kids did a nice job on the card. I brought along my Cuttlebug and the few embossing folders I had, and several of the kids took advantage to add some texture to their cupcakes. I trained one of the girls to use the Cuttlebug, and she had a blast being in charge of it so I could help others. Friday was a 'finish what you are working on because today's the last day', so while the kids were working, I had a chance to quickly cut out and assemble one! So fun to make, especially using the Cuttlebug embossing folders. I've had the Cuttlebug for nearly a year now, and this is the first time I've really used it. I need to use it more often!! Have a great rest of your weekend!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cheryl - the blog looks fantastic!! And love all the projects - of course!! Like your slider card. that came out really nice.

Unknown said...

Thanks, Erin! Had a great time last night, and I'm glad nobody stole my nightlight in the gift exchange! Hope I can make it to more of your stamp camps in 2009!