Sunday, July 10, 2011

It's Been Pretty Quiet Around Here...

... and I do have something to share with you, but not just yet.  You see, I'm participating in a non-convention goer wow swap over at Stampin' Addicts so I can't show you yet what I created, but let me just say that I LOVE the new Mocha Morning specialty paper!!  Our swaps were due to swapmeistress Jen by July 13, so I need to wait until I get my set of swaps back before I can share with you what I made!

In addition to working on my swap card and making Christmas cards, I finally started using my Cricut Expression machine that my DH got me for Christmas this past year.  I also own a Gypsy and the Cricut DesignStudio software, so I've been having fun creating things for my bulletin boards at school on CDS, transferring those files to the Gypsy, and then cutting them on the Expression.  I've learned how to weld images and how to remove cut lines from a cartridge image to tailor it better for my needs.  What I really wish I had was Sure Cuts A Lot 2, a software program that worked with the Cricut that essentially allowed you to cut ANY shape.  Fellow SU! demo Wendy Weixler shared a cool thing she did last year to decorate her laptop but wouldn't ya know it?  Once I finally have the time to learn how to use my Cricut, wouldn't you know it, Sure Cuts A Lot 2 is no longer available because of litigation over the product's use on the Cricut, and I missed being able to get a copy by a few mere days when I went to look for it.  Drats!  I'm still hoping a copy of it will pop up on ebay someday...

Well, I'm off to yearbook camp down in San Diego later in the week - should be lots of fun as I know NOTHING about putting together a yearbook!  I volunteered to take the yearbook class at the end of this past school year as our current adviser is moving to another school in our district, and I REALLY didn't want to have to teach one class of 7th grade science again.  I know I'm going to learn LOTS and I'm starting to get pretty excited about going to camp - and now I'm not feeling too bad about not going to SU! Convention, as it's on the same four days as yearbook camp!  I still would love to go to convention one of these days...

No comments: