Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A Card CASE and a Pop Up Cake!

At a recent stamp camp, my upline shared with we stampers a very cute card that she received from Mary Pickett as a swap during convention.  Using the circle scallop punch, Mary had created these cute ice cream scoops.  She also created her own DSP by using one of the texture plates on the Big Shot, but lightly brayered on some Pretty in Pink ink onto the plate before running the Whisper White through the BS.  Soooo creative!  Jeanne didn't have many of the half-backed pearls from the pretties kit that Mary used on her swap, so Jeanne used the 5/16" white jumbo brads instead.  I love this card and will be making it with my own stamp campers in the coming months.  Not the best view of it as I photographed it at night under my desk lamp, but you get the idea of how cute this card is!


We made two at Jeanne's stamp camp, so the extra one is going to my neice who celebrates her birthday later this week.  I wanted to make it an even more special card, so I grabbed my new Pop Up Cake Sizzix die and made a cake inside the card.  I know it opens sideways compared to the direction the candle would normally be facing, but I still think it's cute, and what's better, it still fits inside a standard-sized greeting card!  I used some old DSP to decorate the layers.  I hope she likes it!

No comments: