Saturday, May 30, 2009

Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge

This is my first true Mojo Monday sketch challenge card. I wanted a relatively simple card for the ladies to make at my stamp camp coming up on Friday, and wanted to use some product I already have without having to order anything else. Julee's sketch fit the bill so I could use the large flower from the Pretties kit. I bought it a while ago from the bulk package SU! demos can order and this card design is a great use for the flower. I added a 1 inch circle of Red Riding Hood card stock topped off with a Kiwi courderoy button to make the flower center. The DSP is all Bella Rose (I'll miss it once it retires!). I was debating on which brads to use, and ended up using the now retired red eyelets as they seemed to match the other colors quite well. The panels are popped up with dimensionals and the flower is popped with a thicker non-SU! foam dot. I hope you like it! I've had a lack of mojo lately and am so happy with the way this turned out. The color didn't reproduce as well as I'd like when I photographed it (too yellow), so I'll have to try it again tomorrow using some sunshine instead of my desk lamp. Thanks once again for stopping by!

No comments: