Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Petal Pizzazz Flower Pot


In my trip today cruizing around my favorite stampin' blogs, I ran across Lorri Heiling's flower pot card (13th and 14th pictures down) and I just had to try one! Lorri's original post of the flower pot, here, also gave a link to Stephanie Luman's blog, where Lorri found the pattern for the card. I used Really Rust card stock for my pot, and sponged over it with Really Rust to give it some shading and shadowing. I used the large flower from Petal Pizzaz and stamped it using Pretty in Pink, Bashful Blue, and So Saffron. I used a 1/2 inch circle punch to make the flower centers, and the five petal flower punch for the leaves, in Certainly Celery. Cream 1/4 inch grosgrain ribbon is wrapped around the pot to hold it together. The sentiment from the slide out card comes from All Year Cheer II, stamped in Pretty in Pink. I think I may use this card as one of my cards for my stamp camp coming up the end of the month. Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cheryl this card is way cute and I would really like to make it at stamp camp.
Darla

Stamp/nScrap said...

You've got it! I'm going to bring several different colors for you guys to pick and choose from for the petals on your flowers.