Friday, April 3, 2009

Great Friend Birthday Card

We're celebrating my niece's birthday later today and although I'm sure I could find a suitable card in my collection for her, it gave me an excuse to use my Great Friend stamp set and Walk in the Park designer series paper that was still out from last night. This is what I came up with. It's loosely based on the Diva Coffee Break Designs challenge that I originally saw on Dannie Graves' blog. I didn't look back at the sketch while making my card, but I remembered the two horizontal pieces that I tied into my card. I finished them off with some of the new larger brads and also used the new oval punch. I hope she likes it!

Earlier today I finished putting the pictures in my mom-in-law's CD folder album. My hubby thought it was great. Now I just need to add some journaling, and then I can send it off to her. Finally, I'm a little bit ahead of the game on something! YAY!

Have a wonderful weekend, and as always, thanks for taking time out of your day to visit my blog.