Saturday, April 11, 2009

Happy Easter!

My upline, Jeanne, made a very cute Easter card last year for one of our team swaps using the A Good Egg stamp set. She stamped the egg on Whisper White and trimmed close, using the egg as the body for a very cute Easter Bunny. I loved the card, but never managed to make some more of it until today. I just love this cute bunny! It's also the first time I've used my Delicate Dots DSP I got FREE through Stampin' Up!'s Sale-A-Bration. I love the soft colors and how well they work for this cute card. My card is basically a CASE (aka Copy And Steal Everything) of Jeanne's, with the exception of the DSP she used (Berry Bliss), adding wiggly eyes instead of dots for them, and how I did the ribbon (hers was just a knot, but I didn't like seeing the seam between the two pieces of DSP so I wrapped my ribbon around that seam to hide it). The cheeks are done with a sponge dauber using Pretty in Pink ink. The strips of Pretty in Pink are tied together with some Linen Thread and tied to the back of the card through two small holes (from the 1/16 inch circle hand punch). His ears were made with the large and small oval punches (Regal Rose and Pretty in Pink), and the tail and feet were using the Three For You flower punch.

Sorry for the poor scan on this - I messed with the color balance a little, but it's still not quite right, and having the wiggly eyes on it makes it scan a little blurry. You get the idea, though, right?

May you and yours have a joyous Easter tomorrow. We will be spending time with my side of the family for a casual get-together at my brother's. I am thankful for the sacrifice Christ made for us so long ago and it has more meaning this year after hearing a really good sermon last Sunday about the events leading up to Good Friday. He lives!

1 comment:

LaurieF said...

Super sweet Easter card! So cute!