Saturday, February 28, 2009

February Stamp Camp




I had a great group of gals join me for stamp camp yesterday! I thought I'd share some photos that I took, but I realize now I didn't take another picture after everyone had arrived! The top one shows how I set up for a stamp camp (before putting out the required M&Ms). The cute mesh cubes for scraps and garbino cans for my tools all came from The Container Store. My upline, Jeanne, uses these, and I wanted to use the same thing, so I ordered them online (I don't live close enough to one of their stores, unfortunately). Under the grid paper is a large foam rectangle that you can find in the kids craft section of Joann's or Michaels. Since many of the ladies only stamp when they come to a stamp camp, I also provide adhesive. I know, it's not a Stampin' Up! product, but it holds better than their Snail adhesive (and is less expensive when you have a 40% off coupon at Joann's!). This stamp camp typically runs 3 to 4 hours, so I also provide some snacks like chips, crackers and cookies, along with some water and soda.

Darla, Valesca, Shannon, Laura & daughter Maddie (one of my former students), Holly & mom Valerie, and Holly's roommate & cousins (I'm so terrible at names, I still don't have theirs down yet) all came to stamp. We made two each of two cards that featured a different stamping technique. The first was a Black Magic card, which you can see here in an earlier post. Our second card was a Dazzling Diamond Dust card, seen here. Once again, it was fun to do something with these wonderful ladies after work. Next month we're going to make the CD Folder Album project that I posted earlier this month. Those who are joining me next time picked their favorite DSP from the Stampin' Up! catalog and I'll be putting together kits for them when we get together again on March 20.

I ended up cutting a few extra of the Dazzling Diamond Dust cards, so today when my dear hubby and I went over to our local coffee shop to hang out for a bit, I brought my shoe box of supplies along with me and stamped away while listening to my playlist on playlist.com.

Have a wonderful weekend, and thanks for stopping by!

No comments: