Saturday, April 5, 2008

Stamp Simply Challenge #29

I was checking out some of my favorite stamping blogs today and on Sharon Johnson's No Time to Stamp blog, she featured her Stamp Simply Challenge #29 - Color Blocking. Like Sharon, I love the neat and orderly look color blocking gives to a card, but I don't use it often. I remembered an early card I had made when I first started stamping. One of the very first SU! sets I got was Nature's Wonders. I didn't have any SU! paper at that time, but had loads of other scrapbooking paper, so I used my Creative Memories square punch and two shades of teal paper to create the color blocking background. I had found this beautiful blue-green glitter that worked well with the teal paper I'd chosen, so I experimented with making my own embossing powder by taking a small sample of the glitter and adding clear embossing powder to it. It worked pretty well! I stamped my main image of the sand dollar on vellum with my VersaMark pad, sprinkled on my homemade EP, and heat set it. I trimmed the vellum around my image, added some non-SU! teal brads I had to attach it to the card, and then added the sentiment with a non-SU! stamp I had, which I believe was embossed with black detail embossing powder (I no longer have the card to check it for sure). The card was originally posted to my Splitcoast Gallery back in August of 2005. I did another version of the card using orange tones, but the teal one is my favorite! Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love all of your color blocked creations. I never think about doing it without the borders ... it's a great effect with the vellum.