Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Dazzling Diamond Dust Card

I finally had some time tonight to create one of the two cards for my contribution to this weekend's team meeting. This one features the Dazzling Diamond Dust technique. I didn't want to use a retired stamp set for my card like I did for the technique sheet, so I decided to finally put some ink on my Wild Rose set. I also wanted to use some Porcelain Prints designer series paper with the card. On the glossy white, I used Blue Bayou, stamped off once for the main flower, and Wild Wasabi, stamped off once, for the leaves. The accent overstamps are done without stamping off. Before embossing, I stamped with the Linen background stamp over the top with River Rock. It turned out a little darker than I wanted, so next time I'll stamp off the Linen stamp first. I then inked up the image with a VersaMark pad, added some Iridescent Ice embossing powder, then heat set it. I hope the ladies enjoy making one on Sunday!

No comments: