Friday, April 25, 2008

Second Technique Card

Finally had some time to finish my second card for our technique swap on Sunday. I wanted something a little more masculine for this one, and decided on the Baroque background stamp to use for the Joseph's Coat technique. I used my Desert Heat Kaleidacolor pad and brayered it onto the glossy cardstock. After wiping the cardstock with my embossing buddy, I stamped the Baroque stamp with VersaMark onto the glossy cardstock. I added clear embossing powder and heat set it. Now, if I could just learn to not be so impatient and for once let the brayered ink dry before doing that, I'd have a better image without so much extra scattered embossing powder sticking to the wet ink! With a second brayer I use for dark inks, I put black classic ink over the image, and rubbed off the ink from the embossed areas with a kleenex. The sentiment is from All Holidays. Don't think I like this one as much as I like the Dazzling Diamond Dust card, but in case I don't have time before Sunday to come up with anything else, at least I have something! Thanks for looking.

No comments: