Friday, March 25, 2011

CASEing Shelli Gardner

Shelli Gardner, co-founder and CEO of Stampin' Up!, created a beautiful card that she shared with those who attended Leadership in January.  The card really caught my eye, so I knew I'd want to CASE it (Copy And Steal Everything) if I broke down and got the Easter Blossoms stamp set, which I finally did.  This week I played around with the card, trying to figure out what to do with the blossoms.  I tried white gel pen, Vanilla watercolor crayon, white watercolor pencil, using aquapainters, using blender pens... and finally settled on using a blender pen over the stamped image to add some colors to the blossoms.  I also added two mats - one behind the DSP, and the scalloped oval behind the sentiment (if you know me, you know I like to mat things - love those layers!).  If I were to do it again, I also might try doing the pennant border in Soft Suede instead of Crumb Cake.  This is one of the cards I'll be sharing with my stampers at my Spring/Easter stamp camp in April.


6 comments:

Sofia said...

Very pretty!

Yapha said...

What a pretty card! The flowers came out just perfect!

Shelley Z said...

What a beauty! I like how you colored the blooms!

Holly / InkPaperStamps said...

I like the extra touch the mat adds, Cheryl--a nice contrast to the curvy branch!

Cindy said...

Love this! (I CASEd it, too, when I first saw it.)

Mickey Roberts said...

Very pretty! Great interpretation of Shelli's card.