Monday, August 9, 2010

Ice Cream, Ice Cream!

I can't believe it took me SO LONG to mount and use the cute Sweet Scoops stamp set, available through August 31 in the Summer Mini!  Back in May, I saw this cute card on Lorri Heiling's blog, so I decided to CASE it (copy and steal everything).  I did use current ink colors on my card - Chocolate Chip, River Rock (stamped off once), and Pretty in Pink for the ice cream, and Crumb Cake for the cones.  I did make two modifications to make it a little bit my own.  First, I didn't like how Lorri's word window punches on the awning were rounded on the top edge, so I cut a strip of Regal Rose card stock just shy of 3/8 inches wide, slid the strip into the groove of the punch, and punched just one end.  I added adhesive, stuck it to the awning, then trimmed the edge at the top, continuing this to make my awning.  I made my card without looking at hers (she kindly gave the measurements of the awning and bottom piece, so I did have those to work from), and I ended up choosing the same white organza ribbon to finish the card.  I added some retired Rose 1/4 inch grosgrain ribbon glued to the center of the organza, so mine is a little different than hers (but not by much!).  I'm thinking now I should have used 1/4 inch Chocolate Chip instead - the rose kinda gets lost against the Regal Rose card stock.  This happens to me a lot after I've completed a card... 'what if I had just done THIS...'


2 comments:

Cindy said...

Mmmmm, ice cream. Now I have a hankering for something cold and sweet! Love the CASE! I did something similar last year with the CRazy for Cupcakes set. Very cool! (Pun intended, lol!)

Anne Marie Peterson said...

Awwww, I should've gotten that set! So cute!!