Saturday, January 24, 2009

Tree Full of Hearts

Last week I was looking through the SCS galleries for some ideas to use for my Valentine's stamp camp next Friday. I came upon Tessa Wise's post and visited her blog where she had posted this beautiful card using the Season of Friendship set (one of my all-time faves). I didn't want to copy everything, so I did add a few of my own twists on it. My little one thought it was beautiful, and we both wondered how it would look with some glitter on the hearts. Glitter added - she loved it! So, this is one of the four cards we'll be making on Friday. I used Pretty in Pink for the card base, stamping the swirl from Priceless in Pretty in Pink along the edges. I stamped the tree in Close to Cocoa on Whisper White with Old Olive leaves (stamped off several times). The hearts are from Love You Much, stamped on Pretty in Pink card stock with the same color ink as well as on Regal Rose card stock with the same color ink, and punched out with the Heart to Heart punch. Dazzling Diamonds glitter was added to the stamped part of the hearts with a 2 way glue pen. I used the smaller photo corner punch in Old Olive with a Pretty in Pink brad. The sentiment is from All Holidays, stamped in Regal Rose and punched out with the large oval punch. Two Regal Rose large ovals frame the sentiment, and it's all popped up with two dimensionals. The tree is double matted, first on Regal Rose that was stamped along the edges in Regal Rose with Itty Bitty Backgrounds, then matted again on Rose Red.

No comments: