Sunday, August 24, 2008

Snow Swirled, Version 1


I've started to work on my Christmas swap cards after receiving my SU! order last week, which contained the very pretty Snow Swirled stamp set. For my card, I used the Christmas tree stamp, stamping first in VersaMark ink, then heat embossing with detail gold embossing powder. Using my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, I aligned the next tree, upside down, and stamped/embossed again, repeating to end up with four trees side by side. I trimmed the image to a rectangle and mounted it on Handsome Hunter. I used the Faux Metal technique to create the snowflake emblem. I took a scrap of Brushed Gold card stock, stamped with VersaMark, and embossed with detail gold embossing powder, repeating this four times. After the fourth time, I had the snowflake stamp ready, inked it with VersaMark, and while the embossing powder was still warm, I pressed the stamp into it. I used a 1 3/8 inch circle punch to cut it out, mounting it on a Handsome Hunter scallop circle. I also embossed the sentiment in gold detail embossing powder (although I think it should be a little lower down than it ended up). The ribbon is white taffeta, and I used a gold brad to attach the scallop circle to the brushed gold card stock. I used the new scallop edge punch to create the scalloped edge of the gold card stock, then attached everything to the Handsome Hunter card. I will be making several other designs using this set over the next week or so to get ready for our team's Christmas Card swap in mid-September. Have a great week, and thanks for stopping by today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cheryl - LOVE the card!! It came out SOOO nice! :o) Erin