Saturday, April 5, 2008

Technique Pages


My upline's team is having our monthly meeting at the end of April. We always have a swap for those who want to participate (I'm the swap coordinator). For this month, Jeanne and I were thinking alike as we wanted to feature various techniques in our swaps. She asked for us to do a 6x6 swap that included the name of the technique, the directions for it, and a small sample of the technique. I asked those who wanted to participate to pick two of their favorite techniques for their swaps, and we have seven of us participating - yay! Jeanne stepped it up a notch by asking those of us participating in the swap and attending the team meeting to create a card that uses our techniques, and then to bring a shoebox with all of the supplies for our fellow swappers to make one of the cards for each of our techniques at our team meeting. If all of us can make it, that'll mean making 14 cards at our meeting - whoo hoo!

For my Dazzling Diamond Dust swap, I chose to use one of my favorite stamp sets, Serene Sunflower (I'm still mad that they retired it!). I used Summer Sun for the smaller sunflower image, then stamped over it with the larger image using More Mustard (stamped off once). The leaves are in Always Artichoke, the flower centers in Chocolate Chip. I finished off the image using Itty Bitty Backgrounds in Close to Cocoa. I made the mistake of leaving my Iridescent Ice embossing powder container open while trying to blow off my desk a little of the powder that fell on my grid paper, and I got it EVERYWHERE! Note to self: CLOSE the container first! Hee, hee!

I have always liked the Joseph's Coat technique so I decided to use my now-retired Pumpkin Patch Spectrum pad and Autumn Fest stamp set (another stamp set that I'm bummed they retired). My fingers are still numb from using the brayer - I need to remember to not hold it so hard, as every time I do a lot with a brayer, I cause some nerve damage and it takes weeks before my fingers feel back to normal! Note to self...

When we have our meeting, we're going to trade our swaps and put them into a 6x6 album to use when we hold workshops. We've had hostesses in the past request a workshop/stamp camp using a particular technique, so it will be nice to have an album with some samples to help with potential bookings down the road.

Thanks for visiting my blog today!

No comments: