Sunday, August 7, 2011

Tide Pools

We've had a fantastic view from the condo we rented in Kihei.  The Kihei Surfside is up on a small bluff above a rocky ledge.  There are many tide pools created by the surf, and the girls enjoyed checking them out.



While I was working on the title for this spread, I had originally planned to just extend the Island Indigo tasteful trim punch across to the right panel with 'tide' on the left panel of the spread and 'pools' on the right.  I created the entire title on the left panel and was about to move the right half part over when our oldest suggested that I leave the 'sqwiggly lines' where they were and put a picture in between them.  I liked her idea, so I duplicated the page, popped in two similar pictures, and just moved 'pools' to the right panel.  Does that make any sense at all?  I love the image on the right with my girls in there - I couldn't have planned that one better than if I'd tried!

5 comments:

Sue said...

Love the layout and pics! Like you said... makes it even better that your girls are in the picture!

Yapha said...

Looks fantastic! I love the pictures between the squiggly lines! This is one amazing album!

Paula said...

Love how you used the pictures in your title block like that. And I love to tide pool. Very cool!

Shelley Z said...

Beautiful! Love the squiggly lines! Looks like the water!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Love this layout--so unique, yet visually stunning.