Thursday, June 24, 2010

Stampin' in Paradise!

It's vacation time again, and yes, I brought stampin' stuff along with me.  I was bummed that the stamp set I had planned to bring with me, Friends Never Fade (ordered on June 1), didn't ship until June 22 (and should arrive today) - and I'm no where near home to pick it up!  I did bring the coordinating paper, Greenhouse Gala, which will be available to order starting July 1 when the new Stampin' Up! catalog goes live.  So, instead of being able to stamp a card, I used the DSP and cut out an image I wanted to have as the focus of my card. Here it is:


Isn't it pretty?  I used Marina Mist as my card base, two pieces from the Greenhouse Gala DSP, along with some textured Chocolate Chip (mounted on the card with dimensionals), and a border of Pear Pizzaz around the Whisper White.  The main flower was cut from the Greenhouse Gala DSP, and is popped up with dimensionals.  The ribbon is a retired one, I believe it's called French Blue.  Went along nicely with the Baja Breeze in the DSP and the Marina Mist card stock, don't you think?

I did bring along two stamp sets with me - Watercolor Trio, and Fast & Fabulous (a new hostess set).  The mojo wasn't flowing as well on my first stamping attempt while on vacation, but I'll show it to you anyhow.  I used Chocolate Chip, Daffodil Delight and Pumpkin Pie card stocks (Whisper White, too).  Not sure if you can see it, but there's some glitter on the flowers.  If' I had a few other punches with me, I think I would have added the sentiment (which is from the Watercolor Trio set), stamped on white, and framed using the oval and scallop oval punches - something I'll likely do to this card when I get home.  Here's what I made:



Not sure if you can see it, but I used the tall flower stalk stamp to create a background, stamping on the Daffodil in Daffodil ink, each time placing the stamp a little lower as I stamped from left to right.  I love the scallop trim border punch, and if you didn't happen to pick it up during Sale-A-Bration time, it's available in the new catty on July 1.  That's a little piece of Pumpkin Pie ribbon to top it off.  A pretty basic card, but I kinda like it.

Thanks for stopping by today.  We're off to my favorite local oceanfront dining place tonight, Leilani's in Ka'anapali.  Teriyaki steak tonight, along with my favorite drink, a Dig Me Daquiri (yummy!).  We'll probably hit a shop or two there in Whaler's Village before we head back to the condo.  Aloha from Maui, and mahalo for visiting my blog today!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Hee hee! I put these in my favorites on SA!! Lovely work!!!