Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Ornaments!

I have a bunch of ornaments to share with you today! First up is the ornament I gave to my friend, coworker and SU! sideline, Darla. She loves purple and liked her ornament as well as the box I made for it. I got the tutorial for the box from Monica Weaver's Add a Little Dazzle blog (the link to the PDF is next to the image of the ornament, in red that says 'Click Here').



Tonight I FINALLY got our tree up.  Yes, December 22, and I'm just now getting the tree up.  I opted for the 4.5 foot one I bought last year instead of pulling out the full-sized one.  The full-sized one is beautiful, but it's a very full tree and I just didn't have the energy to set it up.  The short one is up on an end table and looks pretty with the new blue and white LCD snowflake lights I found for half price at CVS today.  I'd purchased some light blue ribbon with snowflakes on it last time I was at Michaels, and it looks good with the new lights.  The blue ornaments I bought last year finish the look nicely.  I used the silver garland that I'd put on the tree last year on the bannisters of our staircase with a few of the small ornaments hanging from it.  That'll have to do for our Christmas decorating, as I just don't feel like hauling down all of the boxes from the overhead in our garage to do any more.  I think this is the latest I've ever gotten the tree up - I need to get it up earlier next year!

After decorating, my youngest asked if she could make one of the glitter ornaments.  I grabbed some reinkers and glitter to get her started.  I had nine small glass ornaments left (three of which might be nearly as old as she is - 11!).  She did five, I did the remaining four.  It was some nice mother-daughter time.  My oldest wasn't interested, so her little sister made her one - a green one, big sis's favorite color.  They all came out beautifully, don't you think?


 

I used SU! reinkers (Tempting Turquoise, Lovely Lilac, Glorious Green and So Saffron), but not SU! glitter.  I have soooo much glitter that I've purchased during several years' visits to our local rubber stamping show, held at the end of January each year, that I'm trying to finally use it.  Most of the glitter we used was Susie Sparkle Hologram Glitter.  I have about 10 different colors of it, and this project was perfect for it.  I love that gold one - a glitter called Solara.

Well, enough of a break - I need to finish wrapping gifts tonight and get the dining room table cleaned off so that tomorrow all I need to do in the living/dining room is vacuum and dust.  Then it's off to tackle the kitchen/family room tomorrow, and bathrooms and bedrooms on Thursday.  The clock's ticking until family joins us for dinner on Christmas day, and I'm behind schedule (but then again, when am I not running behind?).  Merry Christmas, everyone, if I don't post again before then.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful ornaments!