Sunday, March 15, 2009

Nothing New... Just Revisions


This weekend I finally got a chance to stamp. I had extra cards left over from my last stamp camp, as well as swap cards to make, so that's what I did. I ended up changing a few things in the final versions, though. For the Reverse Spotlighting card, I found that the card was too big to fit into a medium square envelope, and too small to fit into the leftover Chocolate Chip envies I have from last year's Carousel Notes. So, I ended up adding a back panel out of Chocolate Chip to the card (the card above is photographed on a scrap sheet of Confetti Cream - it actually ends at the Chocolate Chip). The actual card opens with the Tangerine Tango layer, so thankfully the change worked out. I was able to finish the five extra cards I had left over from our last technique team swap. I also finished the ten Dazzling Diamond Dust cards we made at my February stamp camp.

Tonight I finished making the swaps for the technique swap meeting I missed last Sunday - doing the Grid Technique. Originally, I had used More Mustard with Pumpkin Pie highlights on the flowers, but after looking at my sample, it looked somewhat muddy, so I thought I'd try it again, this time using Summer Sun with Pumpkin Pie highlights - much better! I finished up those five cards, and thankfully before assembling them, I was able to cut them down the 1/4 inch I needed so they'd also fit in a medium square envelope (the card above was photographed on a scrap of Chocolate Chip - it actually stops at the Confetti Cream square). During the week coming up, I'll be getting ready for my next stamp camp where we'll be making the CD Folder Albums I posted last month. Not a lot of prep for those, as it's up to the stamper how she'd like her album to look. I'm anxious to see how they turn out, as a few of the gals chose a different designer paper for their albums. I'll post some images after my stamp camp on Friday. For now, have a great week, and go Jessie Royer - she's the musher my daughter and I are following in the Iditarod!

No comments: