Saturday, October 11, 2008

Petal Party Simply Scrappin' Cards















Our team is taking on a rather ambitious swap this time around. Each of us picked a Simply Scrappin' kit from the new catalog and were to design 15 cards using the kit, plus any embellishments we wanted to add. Nine of us are participating, and we'll each get eight Simply Scrappin' kit of cards designed by fellow team members, ready for assembly at our next team meeting. I designed 5 cards last weekend, then got on my garland kick, so I had to get going on my SS cards this weekend. I made a few more last night, and finished them this afternoon. Now comes the 'fun' of cutting up 8 more SS kits and getting them ready to swap. I'll try to do a little each night over the next few days so I don't end up having to do them all the day before our meeting (we'll just see how well that plan works... :) I picked the cute Petal Party kit, which I'd like to actually use for a scrapbook in the future. For my cards, I used sentiments from various stamp sets, including Fresh Cuts, Spring Solitude, Hugs & Wishes, Warmest Regards, Heard from the Heart, and Say It with Scallops. I hope you like them, and I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone else did with their kits!

3 comments:

Twila said...

Wow these are great! Love all the color!

Colleen said...

These are great. I have a Petal Party Class coming up. It's my first class doing so many cards so I hope all goes well.

Unknown said...

I'm really liking the Simply Scrappin' kits for cardmaking. I have plans to make a photo album using this same kit - will share it when I finally have time to make it!