Sunday, February 10, 2008

Garland Specifics


I had a comment from Carin on February 3 about how I put my garlands together. Here's a shot of the back of the Springtime garland. I used textured cardstock, cut at 9 1/2 inches by 5 1/4 inches. Score one end at 1/2 inch, the other at 4 1/2 inches. Use a corner rounder, if desired, to round all corners. Use sticky strip to connect panels together. NOTE: The final panel will not need the 1/2 inch piece that you used to connect the other panels, so cut it off the last panel only. On my first garland I used snail adhesive, and I won't do that again. I am constantly finding pieces coming loose. On the Springtime garland, I attached the flowers and chipboard using mini glue dots. All cardstock embelishments were added using PowerBond adhesive, a non-refillable craft bond snail-type adhesive also by Tombow, which I found at Michaels. I hope that helps, and if you decide to make a garland, please let me know where you post it - I'd love to see it!

No comments: