Thursday, November 15, 2007

My Thanksgiving Card

We had our team meeting this past Sunday at Jeanne's house (my upline). We had a chance to make four fall cards from her November stamp camp as well as eight Christmas cards. I love fall! I was inspired by one of the fall cards we made featuring the Autumn Fest stamp set, so I adapted it to a Thanksgiving card. Everything's cut and stamped, just need to assemble the other nine that I will be making. I used Ruby Red, More Mustard, Really Rust, Summer Sun and Old Olive reinkers for the babywipe technique (one of my favorite techniques). The cardstock is More Mustard (stamped with More Mustard classic), Ruby Red (stamped with Ruby Red classic), Old Olive, Chocolate Chip and Confetti Cream. If I'd had some of the new 5/8 inch Old Olive grosgrain ribbon, I think I would have used it instead of the Old Olive cardstock strip. I couldn't find my SU! brads but found some other ones I had lying around (boy, do I need to clean off my desk!). I stamped the sentiment from Holidays & Wishes in Chocolate Chip craft and set it with clear embossing powder. It makes the sentiment pop off the background a little darker than if you stamped the sentiment in classic Chocolate Chip alone. I didn't think I needed this stamp set, but after seeing so many beautiful cards created by Jeanne as well as the creative folks who visit SplitcoastStampers, I just had to have it!

No comments: