Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Jury Duty is OVER!

We started jury selection just after 10 am today. We learned during this process that it was a murder trial, and the plaintiff was charged with using a gun in the crime when it took place back in 1994. At noon, we took our lunch, and then much to our surprise, the judge told us when we regathered after lunch that our services for this trial would not be needed after all. He thanked us for our service, especially since this was a second day of service for all of us, and we were dismissed! They must have struck a plea-bargain during lunch. I'm just happy that I won't have another week or so's worth of lesson plans to write! Two days was bad enough. After I get caught up entering grades to my gradebook, perhaps I'll have some time to stamp this weekend!

No comments: