Saturday, January 17, 2009

Sharpening Craft Scissors

I was wondering if any of my cyber stampin' friends out there have any advice on sharpening craft scissors like Stampin' Up! paper snips. I've done a little reading on the subject and wondered what you all do to sharpen yours. Mine need a good cleaning with some rubbing alcohol before my next stamp camp for the gals at work (January 30th), but a few could use some sharpening as well. For my punches, I lubricate them by punching them a few times through some wax paper, and I sharpen them by punching them a few times through some aluminum foil. Several sites I visited today recommended doing that with the craft scissors, but I thought I'd like to hear from you on the subject!

I'm heading to my friend Erin's this afternoon where my upline, Jeanne, does a stamp camp each month. The theme is chocolate - Valentine's cards featuring chocolate chip paper. Sounds like fun to me! Erin was the winner of my blog candy, so I'm looking forward to bringing her goodies to her, too!

For me, I finally opened my 2009 Create a Calendar that was featured in the Holiday Mini SU! catalog, and started adding some stamping embellishments to the calendar pages. I didn't get a chance to finish it as I had to pick up the little one from a birthday party last night and then was too tired when I got back home, but I think I'm going to make mine a standing version, bound with my BindItAll along the top edge. Maybe I'll find some time this weekend after I finally finish putting the last box of stuff away that's sitting on the floor in my craft room. I'm so excited to have it clean and reorganized so I can use it again!

Have a great weekend, and to all of my cyber stampin' friends in the freezing US and Canada, I'll think of you while we continue to enjoy unseasonably warm weather here in sunny southern California - mid 70's are on tap today! Really, I'm ready to trade some winter weather for this spring stuff - I want to wear a snuggly sweater and my jeans and sit by the fire tonight - but not with temperatures this warm!! See you again soon!

1 comment:

scrappuccino said...

Thank you so much again for the stamps I won! I love them. And just wanted to say that your blog looks GREAT!!!
:o) Erin