Saturday, January 10, 2009

And the winner is...

Happy weekend everyone! I had planned to post last night with the winner of the blog candy, but just didn't get to it. Tonight I finally had some time to sit down at the computer and I went to random.org to choose the winner, and it's my friend Erin! Congrats! Erin was the first to leave me a comment about my reverse spotlighting cards, and random.org chose number 1!

I hope you are having a great weekend. I took our youngest and one of her friends to a kids cooking class today. The theme was Bugz! and we had Bug Juice (lemonade concentrate - thawed, frozen strawberries - thawed, then blended, mixed with ginger ale) - yummy! The garnish on the cups was a gummy worm. Cute! Then we made Mississippi Mud Pie - coffee ice cream topped with Nutella, topped with crumbled Oreo cookie and whipped cream, which went into the freezer for eating later. Next up was Snail Snacks - a tortilla cut into a square, spread with cream cheese (or mayo, our choice), with spinach greens laid on top, then turkey lunch meat, and topped off with American cheese. This was then tightly rolled and cut into fourths. We used gherkin pickles, cut diagonally in half for the snail's head, and stuck chive antennae into holes made by a toothpick in the pickle - oh, so cute! I'll post a picture later once I've had a chance to download the pictures from my camera. Main course was a Butterfly Cheesewhich - grilled cheese cut into fourths (using two of them for the wings), a celery stick body, carrot sticks with cherry tomatoes for the antennae. We decorated the wings with shapes cut from a red pepper. Then it was time to eat the dessert we had made earlier - yummy! After the class, we went to see Marley & Me (enjoyed it, we all cried...), with dinner at Panera Bread afterwards. After our astronomy club meeting tonight, I got to open my Sale-A-Bration preorder that arrived yesterday. I ordered two stamps sets - Yummy, which coordinates with the Top Note die, and Botanical Blooms, a pretty floral two-step stampin' set. I also ordered the Delicate Dots designer series paper, which contains 16 sheets with 8 designs. I hope I can find some time tomorrow to stamp - tonight it's just getting too late, and I'm feeling pretty tired. I hope you can find some time to do something fun this weekend! Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Woo Hoo!! I am so excited I won!!
:o) Erin