Saturday, January 9, 2010

Quick Birthday Card

Ok, so maybe it wasn't so quick (took me about an hour), but I think it's cute!  My youngest is headed over to a classmate's birthday party in about an hour, and I wanted a homemade card as my DD's friends have come to expect them.  My DD helped me pick out the colors (which ended up matching the new cute AMEX gift card inside that has pink cupcakes on it - didn't actually plan that!) and I got busy with my SU! cupcake Sizzlets dies, my SU! butterflies Embosslits die, my Cuttlebug and the Cuttlebug birthday embossing folder and got to work making Delaney's card.  I used Whisper White, Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink and Chocolate Chip (plus Summer Sun for the flames).  I crimped the bottom of the cupcake as it just didn't look right otherwise.  The cupcake is popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals, and the cute little butterfly is also popped up.  I sure hope Delaney likes it:



If I had it to do over again, I would have added a layer of Chocolate Chip behind the Regal Rose to make it pop just a little more - but it 's stuck down, and I don't have time to change it!  Have a great rest of your weekend, and thanks for stopping by!

No comments: