Saturday, November 26, 2011

Another Gently Falling Card!

Hello there, how is your day going?  Good, I hope!  I'm back again with yet another post.  This one started out being inspired by another favorite stamper, Wendy Weixler.  There were two cards I'd seen on her blog - the first from a recent Control Freaks Blog Hop, and another from her blog back in 2010.  I made my version on a clouded-out night at my favorite annual stargazing event which is held each fall in Borrego Springs.  I shared it with my stampers last weekend.  This baby took not one, not two, no, not even three, but a full FOUR stamps to mail!  Mailed one to my mother-in-law, and one to my upline.  The other two I made are going to be hand-delivered to my folks and my brother.


I used Mary Brown's trick for making bows using brads, and I love how it looks!  The inside of my card is a repeat of the bottom stamped layer (my DH loves it that I design the inside of cards instead of leaving them plain card stock).

Thanks for taking some time today to visit my little blog... I'll have another post for you tomorrow!

3 comments:

Yapha said...

Gorgeous card! I love that bow! Totally worth 4 stamps to mail!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty. Love the contrast of the leaves on the white (vanilla?) card stock layer. Very worth 4 stamps :)

Mickey Roberts said...

Very pretty, Cheryl! And well-worth the postage to mail it.