Sunday, July 25, 2010

Black Magic... Without the Twist

Hello there!  One of the cards I am going to share with you later this week is a card I created to showcase the Black Magic with a Twist technique.  The Black Magic technique itself can create some stunning images.  I'm not the greatest when it comes to shading, but here's one of the samples I was going to share with the gals last Saturday:


I started by stamping the image onto Basic Black card stock, using craft white ink, leaving it to sit for a while to dry.  Once it was completely dry, I used my watercolor pencils to color over the image, starting with the lighter yellow shade, and adding the darker to highlight.  I did the same with the flower centers.  The stems are all the same color - just colored more darkly in spots to create highlighting.  What's important is to get a nice stamped image to start with.  This one was a little uneven on the right side of the two flowers (the ink was a little blotchy, not as smooth as it was for the rest of the image), and you can see that the coloring here isn't as smooth as a result.

This was all I'd originally planned to have the gals do, but I ended up designing a quick card to go with it, which I'll be sharing with you later this week.  I know Inspired by Nature has been used A LOT, but I don't think I'll ever get tired of it - it's one of those stamp sets that I'll never part with. 

Well, the weekend is winding down, but be sure to stop back by each day this next week - I actually have five posts scheduled to go during the week (amazing for me to post that often!).  Hope to see you later!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

I'll never part with my Inspired by Nature, either! Love this technique, and your coloring/shading is superb!

Yapha said...

Oh man, I love this! I'm so bummed I didn't get to see this person!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty. Love the vibrancy of the colors with this technique.