Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

I realized last night that I hadn't made my mom's Mother's Day card yet, so I was getting some ideas from Splitcoast, using the Carousel Notes, and I came across this one by Laura Brown. I loved her design, so I modified it a little for my liking. It's the first time I've used the flowers in my Pretties kit that I've had since it was first introduced, and I had fun learning to color the flowers with my markers. I used Cameo Coral and Close to Cocoa. I think if I had it to do over again, I might try Blush Blossom instead, as the Cameo Coral ended up darker than I would have liked. I absolutely love the PSX "For My Mother" sentiment. I used Chocolate Chip craft ink, with clear embossing powder. I should have inked it up better and pressed harder on the textured Groovy Guava cardstock. On the Chocolate Chip piece I used the larger swirl from the SU! Priceless set, stamped in Whisper White craft ink, with clear embossing powder. I like the milky appearance on the brown instead of bright white that I would have gotten had I used white embossing powder. On the inside, I used "Happy Mother's Day" from Stampin' Up's All Holidays stamp set. I can't say it enough - I LOVE the Afternoon Tea designer series paper and the Carousel Notes! So glad that SU! is giving us an additional month to purchase from their Occasions Mini Collection 2008 catalog - I'm nearly out of this gorgeous paper after Friday's workshop! Thanks so much for visiting my blog, and watch for some blog candy coming up when the counter hits 5,000.

No comments: