Thursday, December 30, 2010

Stampin' Addicts Blog Hop: Build a Blossom


Welcome to the Stampin' Addicts Occasions Mini Catalog Blog Hop!  We're thrilled to have you join us this weekend as we share with you a sneak peak of some of the new stamps and accessories in Stampin' Up!s upcoming mini catalog.  I'm stop 3 of 24, so if you are starting here, follow the link at the bottom of each page to continue on the hop to see all 25 stops.  You may have arrived here via Yapha's blog.  Weren't her projects using the cute Take a Spin set great?  My stop on the blog hop features the stamp set Build a Blossom along with the matching Blossom Petals Punch.  Let's get started!

My first project was inspired by a card I saw on Jackie Topa's blog (I'll add a link later).  I needed a Valentine's day idea for a swap at my upline's December team meeting, so I made one of those cute hand sanitizer gift boxes you may have seen on the web.  Mine was made following the tutorial by Robin Messenheimer, which was based on designs by Erica Cerwin and Connie Babbert (links to follow later).  I used the beautiful flower from Jackie's card on my gift box.  The sentiment stamps on the cover and on the inside are from Teeny Tiny Wishes.


Up second is a card I designed for dual purposes - for this blog hop as well as for a swap hosted by a fellow Stampin' Addict.  I've seen various amounts of these beautiful petals being used to create this flower, but I liked how six of them looked.  To get the petals where I wanted them, I carefully poked a hole at the inner petal edge and fed a mini brad through each petal, arranging the petals as I went.  This technique worked pretty well while making the 11 cards I needed to send to Kim for the swap.  I stuck the flower to the card with a large glue dot, and added the flower center by double-decking some Stampin' Dimensionals.  The Pear Pizzazz layer is also popped up with dimensionals.  The sentiment stamp once again is from Teeny Tiny Wishes.


At our December team meeting, Marianne shared with us Andrea Walford's Gratitude Book project, which Marianne had redesigned for Valentine's Day.  I loved the project, so I redesigned it yet again, this time using the Build a Blossom stamp set and Springtime Vintage designer series paper.  The book is made with five Mini Lunch Sacks, available through January 3 in the Holiday Mini Catalog, in case you'd like to buy Andrea's tutorial to make one.  Each sack has a tabbed piece of card stock that slides out, great for journaling or pictures.  The sentiment is from the stamp set Seasonal Sentiments, punched out with the Decorative Label punch.  I think this would make a great brag book to give to someone like a mom and mother-in-law, and I'm planning to offer it at my next stamp camp with the gals at work.
 

Up until now, you have probably noticed the Rose Red color coordination of my projects.  My final project departs from that theme a bit.  The Springtime Vintage DSP not only uses Rose Red, but also features paper designs using Not Quite Navy and Always Artichoke.  My final card is also a more 'out of the box' use of the Build a Blossom stamp set.  When I saw this set in the Occasions Mini Catalog, I immediately saw a flame by using two stamps, so that's what I used for this card.  I stamped the leaf outline stamp in Daffodil Delight, and the center of the flame is the petal stamp that I used on the project above, this time stamped in So Saffron.  I added a little bit of clear glitter over the top to give it some sparkle.  The sentiment stamp is from Perfect Punches, and is framed with Very Vanilla Seam Binding (love this stuff!) along with the new Decorative Label punch (with a handcut mat behind it) and the Wide Oval punch.


Well, that's it for my stop on the blog hop.  I hope you've enjoyed my projects.  I'd love to hear which of my projects you liked the most, so please consider leaving me a quick comment - then you need to hurry on over to Allison's blog to continue on your way.  She has some great things in store for you, featuring the Thanks for Caring stamp set.

33 comments:

Tanya Boser said...

Gorgeous projects! Really love the flames on the last card :)

Heidi Baks said...

Beautiful projects! I love the flower in the first and the details on the candles and flames. The gratitude book is beautiful!

Yapha said...

All of your projects are fabulous, but that candle one is unbelievable! So clever!! I love it!

Elaine said...

Wow, now that is a set that was not on my list, love the flower on the first project,WOW

MaryR said...

beautiful projects!

Krystal (skdeleeuw) said...

Fabulous job on all your projects!! I love the lunch sack book. Very cute. And how creative to use a petal for the candle flame!!!

kellygrl27 said...

These were all great! It just confirmed my NEED for this stamp set and punch!

Amy said...

Great job with this set, Cheryl! Your paper bag scrapbook is lovely! Thanks for showing some creative ways to use the shapes, too, with the candle!

Carmen said...

Wow!! I wasn't a fan of this set but you did a fantastic job with it!! Love the creativity!

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

Oh Cheryl, you did a wonderful job! I really love the 6 petal flower and the candles! I think the candles are my fav. That paper is really growing on me. I so hope I can get this set and punch.

RhondaG -the stampin' bunny said...

Wonderful projects!! Love the flowers and such a fun surprise with the candles! Great job!

Joyce said...

Another item to add to my shopping list! All your projects are gorgeous and really show off the versatility of this set ... I never would have seen that candle!

Debra Burgin said...

Your gratitude book is really wonderful -- beautifully done!

Lisa Young said...

Cheryl, everything you made is just beautiful especially the candle card!

Betty said...

Beautiful collection! I love the idea of using it to make candles!

Debbi said...

Outstanding projects! Love the texture and dimension of the cards. Great out-of-the-box thinking on the birthday card!

Sunflower Stamper said...

Great projects-Love them all!!!

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Beautiful projects all of them! You did a wonderful job showcasing this set!

Jen Timko said...

All of these are so beautiful but your first project took my breath away! So pretty!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

That lily project (the first one) is a great way to be different with this stamp. The stamen makes it perfect. Thanks for sharing your amazing creativity!

Kim said...

Clever ideas! I had a Déjà vu moment, when I saw your card for the swap. I knew i'd already seen it. lol @ me! Love your brag book!

Twila said...

Cheryl, great job! I love your last project, that little book is too cute!

Barbara Welch said...

I love all the projects and the way you showed many different uses for this set. The flames are very creative.

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Wonderful projects Cheryl! Love the Candle flames in particular. Great tip for using a brad with the petals too. Thanks for the inspiration.

Deb said...

I'm new to this blog and to the "addicts" site, and just want to say this is a great place to find creative ideas! I have resisted ordering that Build a Blossom stamp set (I'm a demo and just can't have it all yet!) but now I think I may have to suck it up and order! Lovely designs, my dear.

Holly / InkPaperStamps said...

What a fun group of projects, CHeryl!

Your lunch sack album is darling, but my favorite project is those punch art candles--just delightful!

Sarah said...

LOVE your cards and that candle flame is genius - fab work :-)

Cindy said...

Love your outside-the-box thinking on the last card! (And hope I'm in the group that gets one of your swaps!)

Elaine said...

Beautifully done! TFS! :)

http://createNstamp.blogspot.com/

Sofia said...

Great job on all your projects Cheryl. I especially liked the sparkly birthday candles on your last card.

Mickey Roberts said...

Great projects, Cheryl! Love the details and textures you incorporated into each project.

Melissa said...

Wow, Cheryl! Fabulous projects and great ideas for out-of-the-box ways to use the stamps!

Allison said...

Great projects! I love your idea for the flame--so creative!